Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Film Noir-Inspired Prom Look

This past week has been absolutely hectic. Prom and graduation occurred one right after the other. With all of the pictures and after-parties, I was incredibly exhausted, and incredibly happy.

I am thrilled with the way my prom look turned out. Early on in the year when I was first looking at dresses, I swore to myself I would go for one of two looks: light blue dress, flower-child meets Disney Princess, or a red-lipped, film noir, retro movie star. The latter of the two as it was classy, sexy, timeless, and daring. I knew that going retro would mean standing out, for better or for worse, and that was an intriguing risk I was willing to take.

Veronica Lake, Paris Pin-Up circa 1951
Lauren Bacall, Screen Stars circa 1945






















I took inspiration from Veronica Lake and Lauren Bacall's pin-up waves, cat-eyes, and full red lips.

Blake  Lively Vogue
Taylor Swift, Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014


















Blake Lively and Taylor Swift prove that the look is as glamorous in 2016 as it was 60 years ago.

The hair and makeup
Red lips make a statement. I'm wearing Estee Lauder's Pure Color Envy Matte Sculpting Lipstick in the color "Volatile".

The dress
I'm wearing La Femme style number 22206.

The shoes *heart eyes emoji*
 My heels are Vince. I can't seem to find the exact style, but there are similar ones on the website.




The Angelina Leg
What's a leg slit without a good Angelina Leg??


Overall I had a wonderful time and am very happy with how my look turned out! Let me know what you think and tell me about your prom style!

Yours Truly,
Liz Donohue


No comments:

Post a Comment