Monday, June 27, 2016

GovBall 2016 Style and Music Diary

I learned some very important lessons at GovBall. For one, I learned that yes, it is possible to attend a music festival without wearing a flower crown; I am living proof of this. Two: do NOT buy off-brand flash tattoos. You'll be wearing the ugly remains at your awards ceremony three weeks later despite the daily heavy duty scrubbing sessions.  Three: raving in the pouring rain to HAIM's "Don't Save Me" is all fun and games until you're riding the subway back to Penn drenched and muddy with glitter ALL. OVER.

Four: It was totally worth it.

There's nothing like seeing Mac Miller, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Jon Bellion, The Knocks, Louis the Child, Marian Hill,The of course, HAIM, all in a 10 hour span. Three words: music, food, fashion.

I took inspiration from Gigi Hadid's 2015 Coachella look:


I ended up hitting up an amazing Memorial Day sale at Ruby and Jenna and came up with a similar look:

Me admiring @jgoldcrown's gorgeous creation #lovewall #loveballnyc16
I wore a fringed faux suede vest, a strappy lace bralette (Forever 21 has a similar one) that reminded me of a For Love and Lemons knockoff piece, high-rise black shorts from American Eagle, some cheap sunnies just for show, and of course, the classic Adidas Superstars. I would have gone for a cute bootie if I wasn't warned beforehand of all the MUD. I probably would have died dancing in a heel anyway.
The Steve Madden Prim Booties I would have worn...
Some delicious mac 'n cheese from Beecher's Handmade Cheese
Louis the Child


Overall GovBall was a success.

Yours Truly,
Liz Donohue

No comments:

Post a Comment