Saturday, September 24, 2016

Trend Alert: How to Wear a Silk Scarf like a Parisian this Fall 2016

Recently I've become obsessed with Parisian style- a phase that every New York woman goes through from time to time. Despite ever actually having gone to Paris, I know a classic outfit when I see one.
Hair tied in a loose pony, basic black long sleeve tee, and skirt from Brandy Melville.
The key to easy sophistication is simple: a pretty silk scarf tied ever so imperfectly around your neck. A fun and colorful scarf will bring life to the serious and muted tones that inhabit your fall wardrobe. Look for bold patterns and colors that you normally would not wear on any other article of clothing. The scarf is a statement piece, meant to bring life to otherwise basic fall clothes.

Transition from summer to fall 2016 with this go-to outfit: a long sleeve tee, high-waisted skirt, booties, and of course, a scarf. 


My scarf is from The Style Shop at FIT. The Style Shop is trendy and affordable, student-run store that sells vintage, hand-made, and industry pieces. I love supporting my school so I try and shop here often.

The design on my scarf is of a little cafe, presumably in Paris... how fitting!
Earrings are also getting bolder (and older) this fall, so hop on Etsy and start searching for "unique grandma earrings". The studs I'm wearing are from Bauble Bar, which has a great selection of affordable statement earrings.

I adore these black velvet booties from Steve Madden. The heels are the perfect size for feeling tall but also being able to successfully scale the New York pavements.
Cam and Emma are such troopers. They let me dress them up like little Parisian prototypes for this shoot. I love them.
Emma is wearing a black button up shirt, and a khaki skirt from Urban Outfitters.
A close up of Emma's blue and gold scarf
Super skinny scarf!
Cam is wearing a long sleeve black tee, denim skirt from Zara, and a scarf from TJ Maxx.

Paisley navy and light blue 

Cute denim sandals leftover from summer can still work for those warm fall days where you just really wanna show off your pedicure!
Cam and Emma chatting it up in a cafe in Paris (Just kidding- that's our school garden.) 

Thanks for reading! Feel free to send me a message if you want your style to be featured!
More to come, 

Lizzie
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment